Custom Search

Food in Bangkok..

Thailand is well-known for its tasty food. Trying something new which we never eaten before is the most enjoyable experience in Bangkok. I like to try various local food that sell at roadside. It is cheaper and delicious compare to those in restaurant or food court. The street vendor has a solid reputation for its cleanliness and it really convince me to buy their food..You can see the roadside vendor is equipped with hat and glove during their food preparation.



Fresh and big strawberry - RM5 /pckt
The durian is rather expensive..dont dare to try..

Bangkok "kampua" noodles from one of the busy street stall- RM 3.00

The street vendor is operating the stall in front of the giant shopping mall, Central World. Clean and hygienic.

grilled sotong over charcoal-RM2.00 per stick


Pan-fried, seasoned insects, such as grasshoppers, and cockroaches, are popular snacks in Bangkok...still dunno how it taste as I don't dare to try this....

fried rice with olive --RM4.50 food court at Central World shopping mall.


Bangkok's chicken curry rice -RM4.50

Tom Yam with seafood at China Town - delicious and aromatic water-based soup—flavored with fish sauce, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, and vegetables.


Drinking local orange juice to ensure we stay refreshed in Bangkok's boiling heat. Vendors often have stacks of different local juice lining the booth and you can easily spot them a mile away.

The iced fresh fruit sold by the street vendors is brilliant fresh. I always grab them as light meal when I am walking around in the heat. RM2.00 per pckt.

7 comments:

Janice said...

wow, it really took u centuries to update your blog once eh? hehe
food in Bangkok is really not bad, but not all, hehe. If got more friends to travel along then can try more types of food.

Thailand got many cheap stuff, didn't buy any?

Margaret said...

Haha....really busy recently..Yeah...many things worth buying there. I spend RM100 for 2 long pants, one short pant, 2 pair of shoes and 1 shirt. Sadly, I did not buy any dress which I intend to buy from the very first day. Too many choices and I end up buy none of them :)

Btw, you got receive my mess asking you on the chemistry thing?

Janice said...

ya, sorry for didn't reply. ><
as I'm not teaching Chemistry already so I forward the msg to my colleague who's teaching but no reply from her as well. Then I forgot to let you know. ==
Is it answered now?

Margaret said...

it is okie. just wonder you change number again or not.. still no exact answer yet as my answer is different from my student's school teacher.

parisa said...

Make money simply by taking part in this advanced, innovative and user-friendly PTC site which is packed full of features for the ultimate account. Onbux is a Paid-To-Click site, where you get paid just by browsing their sponsor's ads. You can click 4 - 15 ads per day! Believe it or not, it’s really crazy in making money!!! Just click on the below link and try it. It’s completely free!!!
http://www.onbux.com/?r=mparisa
* You can earn up to $0.02 (2 cent) per click.
* You can earn up to $0.01 (1cent) for every ad your referrals click.

Jobless Girl said...

Insects? Yuck, I dare not eat.

Jobless Girl said...

I'm craving for Tom Yam there.